Monday, January 7, 2013

Trace Adkins Hates “Celebrity Apprentice”; Returns For “All-Stars”

American Country Awards 2011 - Arrivals

Talk about really biting the hand that feeds you your charity.

Country star Trace Adkins made a surprising revelation during a press junket for the upcoming “all-stars” edition of The Celebrity Apprentice.

Not only did he underhandedly knock the show down, but he expressed that his first go-round was something he wasn’t too pleased with, either.

“It puts me in a position where I’m forced to tolerate individuals that I normally wouldn’t tolerate”, he said (while in front of the other contestants) about his first appearance. “And just I don’t live my life like that. I don’t have to spend time around people that I abhor.”

The comment was awkward enough for him to attempt to backtrack somewhat immediately: ““This year wasn’t that way … it was a great experience.”

So why return? Well, his house burning down last year… somewhat.

You can read on about that after the jump.

It turns out that during the traumatic experience of losing his home, the Red Cross came through to assist him and his family and he felt the need to help them out in return.

“I was ashamed of myself that I didn’t know that the Red Cross responded to house fires”, he said. “I thought they were like grand-scale natural disasters, and that was about it. The fact that they were there and took care of my family when I couldn’t be there, I just felt like I owed them … I held [producers] off for a month or so, kept telling them, ‘No, I’m not ever going [back].’ The first time I was on The Celebrity Apprentice was one of the most stressful periods of my adult life, and I didn’t want to come back and do it again. So it took my house burning down to get me to come back.”

So… yay?

I’m guessing he’s not going to hear “You’re hired” by the Donald this time around, either (he lost his original season to news mogul, Piers Morgan).

Via Tabloid Prodigy

No comments:

Post a Comment