Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Clive vs. Kelly: No, You’re Wrong!

Gordon Parks Foundation Centennial Gala

Seems like the once dead feud is back up and running strong between legendary record exec Clive Davis and singer Kelly Clarkson.

Following the American Idol’s open letter to the 80-year-old regarding the way he described her in his book The Soundtrack of My Life, Davis struck back on Twitter, stating that everything he said in the book was true and that there were numerous independent sources that witnessed Clarkson’s attitude toward his choices on her career and recordings of certain songs for her albums Breakaway and My December.

“As anyone who has read The Soundtrack of My Life knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer,” he expressed. “In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences. I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together.

He went on to say that through “five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all”, he was able to properly give his version of what actually went down.

“The chapter [regarding Kelly] as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly’s talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.”

So, whose side are you on?

Via Tabloid Prodigy

No comments:

Post a Comment