Sunday, February 17, 2013

Travis Barker Is U.S.A. Bound Permanently

Blink 182 in Concert at Pavilhão Atlântico in Lisbon, Portugal

If you’re living outside of America and were hoping to see Blink-182 on their reunion tour, you might notice that the original drummer isn’t the one on stage.

Travis Barker has decided not to participate in any oversea dates, still feeling the effects of the plane crash that took the lives of the pilot, co-pilot and two associates. It also led friend Adam Goldstein (also known as DJ AM) back to drugs and to an all-too-soon death at age 28 — as well as nearly taking Barker’s own life as well (he sustained serious burns on 1/3 of his body).

“I still haven’t gotten over the horrific events that took place the last time I flew when my plane crashed and 4 people were killed, two being my best friends”, he admitted via a Facebook posting to his fans who were expecting the trio to possibly hit Australia on their tour.

“I gave the band my blessing to take another drummer if they still wanted to do the tour without me. I hope to come to Australia again some day perhaps by ship if need be. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a boat that worked with the schedule this time around. Once again I’m sorry to all the fans.”

In this case, I think all should be forgiven.

Via Tabloid Prodigy

No comments:

Post a Comment