Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Won’t You Be My N-Word?

LisaLampanelliLena

Once again, one of the world’s biggest arguments has caused a celebrity to be attacked for her so-called “wrong” usage of it.

Comedian Lisa Lampanelli, who has tagged herself as the “Queen of Mean” was at the center of an attack on Twitter when she posted an image of her with Girls creator and star, Lena Dunham, calling the young star a “n*gga”.

She shared the shot of the two of them at a benefit for the Writers Acting Guild and expressed her excitement with hanging out with the young star.

“Me with my n*gga @LenaDunham of @HBOGirls – I love this beyotch”, the 52-year-old typed.

And of course, people blew a lid over her using it and then went after her via Twitter, calling her “racist” and some not-so-nice other words.

Of course, she took it all in stride and even joked some more about the attention it was bringing her way.

“Gotta go”, she tweeted. “There’s a 6PM show of Django Unchained. Have to go C if it’s racist. LOL.”

“”I have been using these words since I started in comedy”, she said in a sit down with the Huffington Post. “And guess what, people? I won’t stop anytime soon, just because your ass is up on Twitter. I have always used in my act every racial slur there is for Asians, blacks, gays and Hispanics. To me, it’s acceptable if the joke is funny and if it is said in a context of no hate. It’s about taking the hate out of the word.”

“The N-word ending in ‘er’ is far different context from the word ending in ‘a.”, she went on. “Ask any person who knows the urban dictionary, it means ‘friend,’”

Seems like this is one of those arguments in life that just won’t die easily — just ask Michael Richards.

Besides, I think the thing we should be more offended about is someone using “beyotch” in 2013. Really, Lisa?

Via Tabloid Prodigy

No comments:

Post a Comment