Thursday, February 28, 2013

Singer Undergoes Second Battle With Cancer

"Knight and Day" UK Premiere - Arrivals

Sadly, the things we fight in our lives can come back with a vengeance.

One of my favorite singers, Anastacia has revealed on her Facebook through a rep that she is battling breast cancer for the second time after successfully beating the disease back in 2003.

“Anastacia has sadly been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time after having successfully survived her 2003 battle with the disease”, the statement read. “Consequently she has been forced to cancel all performances, tours and any travel from now until further notice.”

She had to relearn how to work her tremendous voice once more — and came through with flying colors — on her self-titled album released in 2004, which became one of her biggest sellers, although it was a personal Hell to get through the recording sessions.

“My doctor told me I’d be tired, not stupid”, she expressed in an interview for the album. “I could not focus on anything. I’d write a verse and then I couldn’t write the chorus or I’d write the chorus but couldn’t write the bridge. I couldn’t talk, I couldn’t think straight, I was totally out of it.”

She had been in remission for 10 years before the recurrence, but promises not to let it slow her down a second time around.

“Anastacia will continue the writing and recording of her new album despite her diagnosis and hopes to schedule a new tour as soon as possible”, the statement on her fan page continued. “Now more then ever, she is determined to live by her motto “Don’t ever let cancer get the ‘Best of You!’” A born survivor, Anastacia has one goal and that is to make a full recovery with the support of her family, friends and everyone around her.”

A obvious born fighter, I know she will get through this and she is in my thoughts.

Feel free to check out one of my favorite songs from her, “Paid My Dues” after the jump.

Via Tabloid Prodigy

No comments:

Post a Comment